Wednesday 23 May 2012

Two commissions for The ARK


If this blog has been unattended it is because I have been extremely busy working in two commissions for “Awaking curiosity” exhibition, organised by The ARK in Temple Bar, Dublin.
Early this year, The Ark was looking for installations that fusion art and science.



Considering that I define myself as a Scientist with a passion for Textile Crafts and Nature. And since 2010, I combine my job as a Chemist with Feltmaking.Awaking curiosity” was just the perfect project for me.



I submitted two proposals, and both were selected. Now finished ans installed!
1)“Natural Colours” is about natural dying with common vegetables.



2) “Lichens” is inspired by the colours and textures of Lichens found in the Nature.



It is the first time that I am working with large installations and that caused few logistic troubles.
First, I need to get my 800g of "Savon de marseille" with olive oil. It is the best and quite cheap in France. My boyfriend bought in his last trip.



Second, I needed an Studio. So, our guest room was converted into a Studio. The bed was removed and a large IKEA table was assembled with big boxes under to store all my wool. The Studio was perfect, south facing, nice light.... But when we had guests, we gave them our bed and we need to sleep on the floor!



Awaking curiosity is running from the 14th of May until the 6th of August. The first six weeks it is opened to schools groups; and since the 23rd of June, it will be opened to all public.
Keep an eye on this blog, I’ll post more pictures and Information!

No comments:

Post a Comment